Tablet computers with a rugged design for healthcare applications
Rugged medical tablets can be used to improve communication and documentation in hospital hallways, waiting rooms and nursing stations.
Historically, technology has been essential in speeding up hospital operations and improving patient care. Performance, reliability and precision are essential in medical settings. The hospital environment, from medical imaging to patient data, is a complex ecology that requires advanced technology to function effectively. The advent of the Internet of Things (IoT) has created a host of new opportunities for healthcare, disease treatment and healthcare research.
Rugged medical tablets can be used to simplify operations in hospital hallways, waiting rooms and nursing stations by transmitting and capturing patient information in real time, allowing paramedics and nurses to access patient records and keep them instantly.
There are various cases in which rugged touch tablets are used in healthcare:
- Patient Care: The use of paper medical records is declining. They are being supplanted by their electronic cousins - electronic tablets. Nurses can quickly access patient information anytime and from any location using portable tablet PCs. Laptops can also be used to upgrade drug regimens and medical prescriptions when needed. Nurses can also communicate with doctors for advice, record and transmit patient information wirelessly. This increases efficiency and reduces the time required for routine examinations.
- Ambulance Service: Ambulance devices are used to monitor and report patients, as well as to navigate the route. Tablets frequently migrate between in-car and field operations, requiring the use of vehicle docking stations to power vehicle devices, provide additional interfaces, and simply provide a comfortable mounting option in the moving vehicle. The right on-board tablets allow better care of emergency patients, which is faster, more efficient and more efficient.
- Lab Analysis: Like patient care applications, labs want to minimize paperwork and perform tests and research using laptops. However, tablet computers can be damaged by probable exposure to dangerous chemicals and biological pollutants. They should be durable enough to withstand routine washing and disinfection.
How to select a tablet for medical use
The deployment of portable devices expands the possibilities of their use in medical environments and ensures their safety, long life and stable operation. However, not all devices are suitable for medical use. There are several critical factors to take into account when selecting the best medical tablet for hospital and clinical environments.
- Certificate of medical need
To begin with, the device must comply with IEC / EN 60601-1, 60601-1-2 medical certifications which mitigate the risk of electric shock and ensure its safety for hospital use. By passing the certification, a manufacturer can ensure that their gadgets operate safely and efficiently in the intended work environment, without causing damage or electromagnetic interference.
- Antibacterial housing
Next, the rugged tablet case is to be upgraded with anti-bacterial capabilities to inhibit the growth of bacteria and resistant to a variety of cleaning agents, with a waterproof design that allows cleaning with wipes, sprays and liquids without damage internal components.
- Anti-reflective coating and optical bonding
Medical applications place additional demands on screen visibility and image quality. The anti-glare coating on the tablet glass helps absorb glare light, reducing its intensity and allowing the viewer to see the right image and providing flawless readability at extreme viewing angles. Another feature to consider when purchasing touchscreen laptops is the optical link. The optical bonding process results in a screen with increased brightness, clarity and scratch resistance.
If the tablet and docking station are mounted on a medical cart or inside an ambulance, they must be able to withstand the strong vibrations caused by the moving vehicle. No component can be disconnected or dismantled.
These are just a few of the qualities that distinguish rugged devices from consumer tablets. While the initial investment in rugged equipment may be greater, the design ensures a longer lifespan, resulting in a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) over time.
Modern technological advances are already changing the healthcare industry. Tablet Medical Computers providing a new level of convenience for healthcare professionals, helping with data collection and transfer, diagnostic verification and real-time updating of patient information. However, not all devices on the market are suitable for such rigorous adjustment. When selecting a tablet for healthcare, it is essential to consider the safety, durability and performance of the device. Make an informed decision.