Smart Building Infrastructure Engineer – Technical.ly
Security, energy management, asset protection and efficient automationâ¦ these are some of our favorite things.
STRATIS IoT is actively seeking an experienced and passionate Infrastructure Engineer to join its engineering teams who are creating and shaping the next generation of smart building technology. Our diverse family is made up of adventurous and versatile individuals who bring what they have learned from across diverse backgrounds to improve our products.
We’ve been named one of âAmerica’s Best Companiesâ by Entrepreneur Magazine two years in a row, # 740 on Inc.’s 5,000 âFastest Growing Companiesâ list. and Regional Entrepreneur of the Year.
As a one-of-a-kind system designed for the complexities of multi-family building management, we are leading the global movement for smart cities in the urban and residential sectors. To date, STRATIS has been installed in more than 30,000 units in Japan and Europe, and in more than 350,000 units in 46 states in the United States.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an infrastructure engineer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining our backend infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, fulfillment books, alerts, on-call support, and other tasks assigned as part of this role. These solutions will need to be monitored and implemented in a timely manner according to our SCRUM management techniques.
- Design and execute the implementation of new features with guidance from the team leader, team members and stakeholders. Provide timely QA responses while features are tested and contribute documentation needed to support features
- Write clean, correct, and well-tested code that incorporates comments from code reviews and follows predetermined best practices and our established API design guide
- Help improve existing features, track down and fix bugs, and work with other developers to develop more important features and initiatives
- Communicate effectively with team members, between teams and with product stakeholders. Ask the right questions to be able to understand the needs of all parties involved in delivering improvements and improvements
- Create, manage and deploy network hardware and technologies (infrastructure)
- Create, manage and deploy shared storage technologies
- Manage and comply with data privacy laws
- Pay precise attention to detail in any infrastructure solution you put in place.
- Help refine, document and improve infrastructure needs
- Own and manage our Agile tracking software (AZURE)
- Train new and existing development teams on all solutions now and new solutions in the future.
- Manage and report to management on risk and issue monitoring and mitigation strategies for mission critical systems
- Own the backlog and roadmap for infrastructure solutions and planning
- Promote completeness, transparency, speed, efficiency and quality in all phases of development to successfully deliver flawless functionality, from creation to production;
- Be a team player: actively provide code review to team members, help with features of other team members to help them finish when asked, and mentor less experienced co-workers when required is possible
- Provide upstream and lateral visibility on delivery goals, challenges and progress;
- Understands the domain architecture in order to regularly and quickly identify dependencies;
- Proactively identifies challenges and resolves them appropriately using tools, a peer network and formal channels;
- Checks that the requirements and associated user stories are correct, understandable and fully designed before the team begins a sprint;
- Uses team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, robustness of feature set, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with / coaches the team to continuously improve;
- OnCall support for infrastructure solutions
- Provide targeted on-call support during working hours when issues are reported by our other teams.
- This is an infrastructure-focused role, you will need experience in the following areas:
- Python, NodeJS, TypeScript, Golang, React Native
- Kubernetes, AWS, Linkerd, Grafana, Elastic Stack
- gRPC, Bazel version, Jenkins
- MySQL, Redis, Kafka, MQTT,
- Familiarity with Django or a similar backend framework (e.g. Flask, Ruby on Rails, Express, Laravel, aiohttp)
Good to have:
- ThingsStack, ChirpStack, LoRa, MachineQ
- Experience deploying, publishing and supporting software in production (preferably with Kubernetes and / or Docker)
- Previous IoT or hardware experience – that’s fine if you have it, but most of the time we interact with devices through APIs. The Automation & Controls team primarily works on cloud-side components to interact with IoT devices and typically doesn’t write software to run on the devices themselves.
Applicants can demonstrate that they are qualified by having one or more of the following:
- Over 10 years of experience writing and supporting deployed and production code
- More than 10 years of experience in the management, development and deployment of infrastructures.
- Any previous experience in the design, development and delivery of new software features or products that have evolved as they grow
- Strong coding skills and a solid understanding of the fundamentals of software development PLUS experience in setting up your teammates to be successful and helping the team process run smoothly (if that last statement describes you and you could write new features, but you haven’t had the opportunity yet, we want to talk to you).