Mid-Senior Java Developer (JHB) at Datafin Recruitment
ENVIRONMENT: The coding skills of an intermediate Java developer who knows his field in telecommunications are sought after by a dynamic provider of advanced wireless technology solutions to Centurion. Your role will be to support the development of new products, systems and services which may include the front-end and database layers as well as the integration with third-party applications, according to the specifications of the needs. You will need experience with Headless Java applications i.e. backend applications / services, SQL, MySQL / MariaDB, Postgres, SOAP, JSON, Telco protocols such as SMPP and Diameter, the Socket programming in Java, you know large Linux systems and the basics of troubleshooting and tracing (think: Wireshark, tcpdump, ping, etc.). FUNCTIONS:
- Be part of a team of skilled developers developing solutions for clients in the telecommunications and banking industries.
- Familiarize yourself with and respect the development environment, tools and procedures, including project office procedures.
- Appropriate the tasks assigned within the framework of the project activities in the
- Development of new products, systems and services that may include front-end and database layers as well as integration with third-party applications, according to requirements specifications.
- Improvement of existing products, systems and services.
- Liaise with project teams, suppliers and customers.
- Provide help and support to colleagues as needed.
- Perform unit tests before delivery to the quality control team.
- Assist the quality control team in investigating queries and reported defects.
- Ensure the transfer and sharing of knowledge to the support team with the necessary documentation.
- Attend and participate in knowledge sharing sessions for the development team.
- Create reports, manuals and other documents as needed.
- Headless Java applications i.e. back end applications / services.
- Knowledge of SQL and use of MySQL / MariaDB and Postgres databases.
- Telco protocols such as SMPP and Diameter.
- Java communication technologies such as SOAP, JSON, etc.
- High volume message handling (think: thousands of SMS messages per second).
- Programming sockets in Java.
- Safe programming of threads.
- Familiarize yourself with major Linux systems.
- Experience in basic troubleshooting and tracing (think: Wireshark, tcpdump, ping, etc.).
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. AloneCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more / Apply for this position