Intermediate Front End Developer at Datafin Recruitment
ENVIRONMENT: YOUR meticulous eye, your methodical approach to code testing, and your undeniable passion for ensuring that a flawless product is sought after by a globally award-winning EdTech company looking for a mid-level front-end developer. You will work on both external (client-based) and internal projects, helping to elevate the commercial product offering by creating and refining workflows and processes, driving continuous improvement, experimentation and growth. You will need 2-3 years of professional industry experience in a similar role, experience with REST APIs, JSON, git, git-flow, CI / CD pipelines and be comfortable with a Unix-based environment. You will need experience in preferably Laravel and [URL Removed] or if you have experience in any of the following areas, you will be considered: Python, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Express, [URL Removed] and Django / Flacon. The team is currently working [URL Removed] develop, improve and maintain front-end applications on the aforementioned technology stack.
- 2-3 years of industry experience as a front-end web developer.
- Experience in one of these popular programming languages and web frameworks: Ruby & Rails, Node.js & Express, Python & Django / Flask, [URL Removed] etc. Laravel and [URL Removed] are preferred.
- Experience and use of REST APIs using JSON.
- Comfortable in a Unix-based environment.
- Software workflow best practices such as git, git-flow, and CI / CD pipelines.
- Exposure to relational database design and the use of SQL.
- Any cloud hosting experience (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- You have a keen eye for detail and will easily identify and record any faults or deficiencies found during testing.
- You are patient and methodical when it comes to testing your code and reviewing the code of your peers.
- You have a passion for a flawless product and you understand that a product that performs well is essential to the success of the business.
- You have a problem-solving mind and can easily solve any problem.
- You are an excellent communicator, clear and friendly. You are able to clearly detail your ideas, how you want to build or implement your solution, and make sure your team is aligned.
- You have great attention to detail (yes, we’ve said this twice), are a pro at managing personal time, and are able to work on multiple projects at once.
- You are a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment and can follow directions, although you are just as happy to take a task and get it done.
- You are not a perfectionist, but you strive for excellence and you always invest 100%. You have a spirit of growth and you are always looking to improve yourself.
- You’re ready to step out of your comfort zone knowing that you have to make mistakes to improve.
- You are not afraid to ask for help.
- You are passionate about personal growth.
- You are an atmosphere.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. AloneCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.