Great Learning skills start-up launches CareerBoost

0

The Great Learning development company launched the CareerBoost program to help first-year students find employment.

Thanks to the influx of new students who have joined Great Learning’s repository of free courses on Great Learning Academy, the company has a large base of around 2 million learners that it connects to its network of existing businesses.

“When we started talking to the students at Great Learning Academy, we realized what they still needed was how to get the first job. On the flip side, we were also constantly receiving feedback from companies that they were finding talent with Great Learning for side jobs, but a more recent hire continues to be a challenge for them. CareerBoost solves challenges on both sides, ”Hari Krishnan Nair told BusinessLine.

CareerBoost features jobs that freshmen can apply for, as well as a candidate skills assessment test. This helps companies get a talent pool that has been assessed for a certain skill they are looking for, thereby making the courses and the hiring process more efficient, he added.

Great Learning Academy offers over 750 free courses in English and Hindi in various fields such as data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, computing and software, cloud computing, marketing and finance , digital marketing, interview prep, sales, comics and more. While 45 percent of the users were Indian students, the remaining 55 percent were novice and experienced professionals from around the world.

Over the past year, Great Learning has seen a 5x growth in the number of learners for Great Learning Academy (GLA). The platform recorded more than 4.3 million course registrations. Introduction to digital marketing, fundamentals of data science, Java programming, Excel for beginners, Smart English for professionals, Python for machine learning and front-end development are a few most popular courses and have worldwide demand from countries like India, the United States and Canada. , Bangladesh and more.

Since launch, over 300 companies like TCS, Dell, Ugam, Tech Mahindra, IndiaMart, Informatica, Lead Squared, etc. reportedly used CareerBoost to hire new talent in roles such as ASE, Software Engineer, Dotnet Developer, Product Engineer. , and security analyst.

BYJU’S acquired Great Learning for $ 600 million in July 2021. The company broke the revenue rate of $ 100 million in fiscal year 21. The company closed fiscal year 20 with a turnover of $ 100 million. The business recorded 325 crore, almost 150% growth from FY19. The company’s user base is also said to have increased tenfold in FY21.

Great Learning programs are developed in collaboration with academic institutions such as MIT, Stanford, University of Texas at Austin, Northwestern University, National University of Singapore, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee and the Great Lakes Institute of Management, among others. Great Learning programs are offered in three formats, including online videos and weekend mentoring sessions, weekend classroom sessions as well as online resources and full-time boot camp formats. . The company claims to have more than 2.2 million learners in more than 170 countries around the world.


Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.