Gallagher announces opening of Congressional App Challenge 2022
GREEN BAY, Wis. – Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI) today announced that the Congressional App Challenge is open to middle and high school students who live or study in Wisconsin’s Eighth Congressional District.
The App Challenge is a national competition that allows students interested in STEM to design, build and demonstrate an app on a computer, tablet or phone. Eighth District students will compete to have their application posted online on the official website Congressional App Challenge website.
“There is a national shortage of cyber talent, and it’s critical that we work to ensure that all students in northeast Wisconsin interested in this field are ready to fill this gap as soon as they can enter the field. labor market“, said Rep. Gallagher. “The Congressional App Challenge is an amazing way for students who live or study in the 8th arrondissement to get involved in STEM education and show off their talent. I look forward to seeing the innovative and creative apps they submit.”
Students can compete individually or in teams of up to four members. Registration is available HERE. The submission deadline is 11:00 a.m. CT, Monday, November 1, 2022. The parameters surrounding each submission are included below:
- Subject: The application can relate to any subject.
- Platform: The app can be on any platform (web app, desktop/pc app, web browser extension, bot, Ruby on Rails, mobile, etc.).
- Functionality: The application must have a certain degree of functionality to be competitive.
- Adequacy of Content: The Application may not be indecent, defamatory, in obvious bad taste, demonstrate a lack of respect for morality or public conduct, damage the reputation of congressional districts, or depict hatred, defame or threaten a specific community in society or incite violence. Containing pornography, obscenity or sexual activity is prohibited. The application must not violate the intellectual property, common law, or privacy rights of other parties.
- Originality: the application must be original and belong solely to the participant so that no other party has any rights or interests, known or unknown.
Students and educators with questions about the Congressional App Challenge should contact Representative Gallagher’s De Pere office at 920-301-4500 or visit congressionalappchallenge.us.