Best Vodafone broadband offers 2021 – Home broadband
About Vodafone broadband offers
In this guide
- What is Vodafone broadband?
- Our latest Vodafone broadband offers
- What does Vodafone offer?
- Why choose Vodafone Broadband?
- Pros and Cons of Vodafone Broadband
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Vodafone broadband?
Vodafone, based in Newbury, Berkshire, launched its first digital mobile phone service in 1991 and has since grown into one of the UK’s largest mobile phone providers. Vodafone launched its broadband service in 2015 and quickly established a reputation for lower pricing than many of its competitors.
All of Vodafone’s broadband offerings use fiber broadband – the company does not offer ADSL (see this guide for more on the difference between ADSL and fiber). Head over here to check out our Vodafone broadband review.
Our latest Vodafone broadband offers
Vodafone Superfast 1 high speed fiber
Average speed of 35MB
Broadband Vodafone Superfast 2 fiber
63MB average speed
Vodafone Pro Superfast 1 fiber broadband
Average speed of 35MB
Compare all Vodafone broadband
What does Vodafone broadband offer?
- High speed fiber – Vodafone offers two broadband fiber plans: Superfast 1 and Superfast 2, with average download speeds of 35 Mbps and 63 Mbps, respectively. You can also add an Apple TV 4K with Superfast 1 Extra or Superfast 2 Extra. To determine the broadband speed you need, check out this guide.
- Apple TV 4K– Vodafone offers Apple TV 4K with its Superfast Extra broadband packages, including a one-year Apple TV subscription. This TV box gives you access to subscription services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, as well as free services like ITV Hub and BBC iPlayer. And as the name suggests, it supports 4K definition programs.
- Phone – All Vodafone broadband offers are delivered with a landline phone: there is no option for broadband only or for landline only. The optional Fixed and Mobile Calls Anytime plan offers unlimited calls to standard UK landlines and mobiles, while the Evening and Weekend Calling package offers unlimited calls to standard UK landlines from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. week and all day on Saturday and Sunday (from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday). There are also several optional add-ons such as voicemail plus, call handling features and caller ID. Line rental is included in the packages.
- Mobile – Vodafone is best known for its mobile service, so it’s no surprise that there is a wide range of paid monthly, pay-as-you-go and SIM-only plans available. Vodafone offers the latest phones from Apple, Samsung, Huawei and others, as well as its own brand of budget phones.
Why choose Vodafone broadband?
Vodafone keeps its broadband offerings relatively simple, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t without their share of cool features.
- Ultimate broadband guarantee – Vodafone will refund your bill if your speed drops below a certain level. It guarantees 25 Mbps for Superfast 1 and 55 Mbps for Superfast 2. Keep in mind that this does not guarantee the speed you will get over Wi-Fi, just the speed of the exchange to your router.
- Free router– The Vodafone WiFi Hub is provided free of charge, and it is a very good router. You can see our review here.
- Vodafone broadband application – The Vodafone broadband application allows you to manage the functions of your Vodafone router from your phone. You can send a Wi-Fi “boost” to a particular device, turn your Wi-Fi on and off, manage your guests’ Wi-Fi, control your broadband settings, and more.
- Discount for monthly paying mobile customers – If you are already a Vodafone monthly mobile customer, you will pay £ 2 less per month for Vodafone fiber broadband.
- Unlimited use – As with most broadband providers, there are no download limits on Vodafone plans.
- Free internet security– You will benefit from a six-month subscription to F-Secure SAFE antivirus.
- Parental control– By default, parental controls are disabled, but you can enable it to control Internet access.
Advantages and disadvantages of Vodafone broadband
- No upfront costs
- Good value for money, with generally competitive prices
- Good quality free router
- Vodafone broadband app provides useful features
- 24 month long contract
- No broadband option only or landline only
- Some extras
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Vodafone use Openreach?
Yes, Vodafone uses the Openreach broadband network – the largest in the UK – to provide its services.
Do I have to inform my old supplier if I switch to Vodafone?
Most of the time, Vodafone will do this for you as it uses the same network (operated by Openreach) as the majority of its competitors. However, Virgin Media uses its own network, so if you switch from Virgin, you will have to let them know that you are leaving.
How can I download the Vodafone broadband application?
The Vodafone broadband app is available both on the Apple App Store and on Google Play on Android devices.
When will my speed and broadband connection stabilize?
It may take up to 10 days for your speed and wifi connection to stabilize. During this time, Vodafone will monitor your speed and make adjustments to improve your connection.
Back to offers