AUTOMATION QA ENGINEER – tech.mn
JustiFi believes the world is gambling too much to process credit cards. As a fully venture capital-backed payment technology company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, JustiFi is building a payment technology platform to process payments in a way that is unique and better than traditional processors by qualifying, routing and intelligently optimizing each transaction to reduce the effective rate for Business Customers. If you’ve always been interested in working for a startup and being an early member of an engineering team to develop best practices, you’ll want to keep reading.
JustiFi is seeking our first Testing QA Automation Engineer to help shape and lead our platform testing and public API engineering efforts against new and existing SaaS products. You will work with the engineering team to determine the best test automation strategies to ensure a stable API contract for customers, base platform load capacity, and stable and consistent user interfaces for our software. Our platform is built on Ruby on Rails, so you will have a solid understanding of that framework or a willingness to learn. You will also be comfortable with programming. We are looking for a Minnesota Engineer located in the Twin Cities area. This role is not open to visa sponsorship.
You are the right fit if you are a forward thinking engineer capable of solving today’s problems, with a plan and focused on compatibility with the future roadmap of our platform. You are an original thinker, intellectually curious and gifted with leadership skills. You are probably entrepreneurial and want to get started, produce results and not be held back by ambiguity. You thrive through collaboration and building from scratch. You love to see and feel the impact you have every day and know that the equity you received will pay off. Finally, you want to surround yourself with a team of authentic and successful engineers, as committed to each other as to getting things done in the payments industry. Join us!
What you will do in the role:
- Quality of the piloting software
- Accelerate the speed of the development team
- Design and implement a test platform to stand the test of time
- Guide the team’s software quality practices and posture
- Work in the Scrum team as a QA Automation Engineer, ensuring that completed user stories are tested and meet acceptance criteria
- Implement contract-based automated test cases and avoid regressions of publicly available APIs.
- Strive to assess platform microservices and document load capacities and scalability strategies over time.
- Work with the engineering organization to create the vision for quality, resiliency and software performance of the future.
Education / Experience that would suit well:
- 5+ years in a software engineer or engineer in a test oriented role. Ideally, work on business software based on SaaS
- Expertise with at least one programming language for scripts (bash, ruby, python, js)
- Proven experience in at least one mocking / stubbing / service virtualization tool (Wiremock, Postman Mock API, Hoverfly, MockLab, etc.)
- Experience configuring and using advanced monitoring tools (DataDog, NewRelic, SumoLogic, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience with using git-based source control
- Experience running in a cloud native engineering environment
- Extensive experience in microservices testing
- Familiarity with engineering and testing for system resiliency
Equal employment opportunities
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome the differences of our employees, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity , national origin, age, disability or veteran status. The difference makes us better. Join us.